Saturday, July 7, 2007

How amazing grace truly is.

I was talking with my wife the other day about the patience of God. I know that many times I have said God is patient, but I think I said it because I thought I had to and not because I knew it. Just because something is stated as truth and your head believes does not always mean your heart is convicted by that truth. Until, you experience just how real the truth is. I was thinking on some struggles of my own and realized that the Lord has been the one constant presence through it all. What does this have to do with patience? Because of His grace he chooses to be patient with us, a choice he does not have to make, a choice that our actions show is not merited. I get really bothered when I hear that salvation and remaining in God's hands is all up to us. We are saved, and remain saved, by grace, not by works so that no man can boast. Grace and patience inspires more faithfulness, not less. How many friends, who are patient and good, have you ever wanted to disappoint? None of them! God bless your day.

11 comments:

Jeff Foster said...

Eben, great to see that you are blogging. Great insights.

Blessings,
Jeff Foster

jel said...

Howdy ,
came to welcome you to blogland!

here's to a great run!

came over from Trey Morgan's blog

Matthew said...

Welcome to the world of blogs.

Have fun, and run with it.

www.matthewsblog.waynesborochurchofchrist.org

Eben said...

Jeff,
How is SW Colorado this time of year. Your wife is in our prayers. We are going to QMCC in a couple of days. God bless.
Eben

Eben said...

Jel and Matthew,
Good to meet you, thanks for stopping by.
Eben

Paula Harrington said...

Enjoyed your site

Came over from Trey's blog.
Nice to meet ya :)

Timbra said...

hey eben. . . just wanted to say hi from the wiists. . . check us out at wii3mcfamily.blogspot.com hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

Welcome and enjoy! :)

Came over from Trey's blog also.

Jeff Foster said...

Eben, thank you for your prayers. They mean so much. Melanie will probably be coming home before the end of the week.

Have a great time at QMCC. I miss being there. Not the 100+ degrees, mind you. I'll be at camp starting next Sunday in the beautiful and cool! Dolores River valley!

Blessings,
Jeff

Eben said...

Wiist fam,
Good to hear from you. Living with Mike was so much fun. He has some great memories I am sure.
Peace, Eben

TREY MORGAN said...

Glad to see the "Welcome Wagon" has arrived!!!