Monday, October 22, 2007

Who is Jesus? Who am I?

I just started preaching through the book of Mark. I have preached through the gospels before and I love the study of the life of Christ. A real man who was really God. Amazing. However, most of the time that I had studied the life of Christ I analyzed his movements and His teachings to find out who my Savior is. I think now that it is appropriate to look into the life of Jesus and ask the question "who am I." Who do I live like. Do my actions and thoughts mimic those of Christ. As we study the life of Christ I believe it is most important to learn to become like him. Knowing where He went and when and even what He taught is important but it the starting point of a life continuing on His legacy of service. Mark says "the beginning of the gospel." I believe the continuation is in the life of His followers. When you study who Christ ask yourself who you are.

No comments: