Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Last Night



What a night. I sleep pretty light but lately I have been way too tired to care about the dogs barkings, a big fly in the room or the homey's bass pumping down the block. Last night was an exception. The dogs would not be quiet. I go to bed really late, like 1 or later usually. I went outside several times and told the dogs to hush. They usually listen the first time and bow their heads as if to say 'sorry daddy.' Well I told them a few times and was too tired to see what they were barking about. I just closed my eyes, prayed and with drool on chin I dreamed of my life in St.Lucia. The alarm went off at 6 and the dogs were still barking. What in the world is their problem. Really my first thought was how embarrassed I was to have "those" dogs on the block that never shut up. I went outside and Aja, my lab, had a possum against the fence. She wouldn't touch it because it was under the hot wire I put on the bottom of the fence, she didn't know it wasn't plugged in. It was about 6 so Jennifer was sound asleep, I think she was dreaming of my life in St. Lucia. I called to Jennifer, she came to the window but without her glasses. She has really bad eyesight. So bad in fact she ran to the bedroom, grabbed the pistol in the night stand and said "go shoot that Sasquatch." It's a possum, calm down. Anyway I had to lock the dogs in the dog house to let the possum out. I think that he/she looked at me with a very thankful look as if to say 'I just wanted some dog food, I didn't want the neighbors to think you had "that" dog.' Thanks Mr. Possum, were cool.

2 comments:

Alicia Pierce said...

This is SOOO funny...sasquatch...hahaha. I had a run-in with a momma possum and her 2 babies...they are NOT nice!

David Ellis said...

I think the homey down the block must have a brother, who lives next door to us.
You know how some older people can't hear high pitches? Sometimes I wish that I couldn't hear low pitches.