Thursday, April 2, 2009

I couldn't make this up

Me and my brother in law were playing golf last week. It was a perfect day and we had a great time. There was a huge group of people in front of us who were playing really slow. I am not a great golfer but I hit it long off the tee and I hit into them two times in a row. I would like to say it was an accident but I wanted them to speed up. After the ball hit the tire on their cart they sped up. Well there was a twosome behind us and, of course, they caught up to us. They seemed to be nice and after asking we decided to let them play with us. I thought it would be fun. On the next hole one of the guys in the group asked us what we did for a living. "I own a print screening company...I run a small lawn business..." so on a so forth. Their response, "ok so you're not cops." Well no we are not police officers. We didn't know and didn't really care why he asked. I mean alot of people drink too much beer when they play golf, that's the best time to play for quarters. Then the man says "well I like to smoke pot when I play golf." We both laughed, we thought he was joking. We played a few holes, they were great to play with. We got to the next tbox and the questioner goes to his bag and kneels down for a while. All of the sudden I could smell what he was smoking. He was not joking. It was pretty awkward but we laughed about it later. Well we played a few more on the back nine. We were by far better golfers. We are not great but they were not good. We stopped at the turn, got a hot dog, hit the head and looked at the score card. As we were driving to 10 they asked if we wanted to play for money. Like real money. "No, I don't like to do that." We were playing pretty well. Them...not so much. He goes to hit his pipe and we look up and there are two police officers on the course. The guy was freaking out. We were laughing so hard. The officers were there for something else. He then told us he couldn't play golf very well because he was too high. I asked him, "so you all still want to play for money."

No comments: