Thursday, April 24, 2008

"It's just uncle Eben..."

If you know me well at all you know that my twin sisters Erin and Emily have boys. Kain and Coby. You also know that I would cross the world for them in a flash. I love them very much and they love their aunt Jennifer even more.
It used to be really hard to get Coby to talk on the phone. Emily would say that uncle Eben wants to talk and Coby would say no and run into the other room. Kain would talk but usually only for a couple of minutes. I came up with a plan. I started disguising my voice as sponge Bob square pants. It worked like a charm. I simply told Emily tell Coby that sponge Bob wants to talk. He came running. I was elated. It was so much fun. I called daily. The excitement was next to none. In fact one time when we went to Arkansas I looked for a sponge Bob outfit in the airport and was going to put it on as we walked to the baggage claim. After a while I thought it would be a good idea to let them talk to "sponge Bob" and then he would tell them uncle Eben had come to the pineapple and wanted to say hi. They squealed with excitement "you know uncle Eben?!?" I was in heaven. I started to add characters, I was sponge Bob, Patrick and squidward. We were all hangin at the pineapple and thought we would call the boys.
Then they caught on. I called the other day and asked to speak to Kain and Coby. I heard them say in the background, "it's not really sponge Bob it is just uncle Eben." Oh well. I must now come up with another adventure to go on with the boys. Maybe I will dress up like a Sasquatch next time I see them or something.

No comments: