Saturday, June 30, 2007

What matters the mostest.

I know that is bad grammar, if you know me you are not too surprised. Yesterday a friend of mine from school came out and stayed the night with Jennifer and me. We were grilling some steaks and talking on the back porch. He had served as a youth minister for a congregation in San Diego for a time. We talked about all of the things we like and dislike about ministry in the churches of Christ. I was thinking about it later and realized that in spite of all the things that we could be doing better we are still saved people and in His patience we can work those things out. At the end of the day we need to ask ourselves if our enlightenment helps us realize this or if it polarizes us from the very people we should love the most. I say this because many times my disagreements come from a selfish interest and not a sincere love for others and God. What matters the mostest; we are saved by Christ.

No comments: