Saturday, August 9, 2008

5 years

Jennifer and I celebrate our 5th anniversary today. Last night we went to a nice place to eat and then we played pool at Fox and Hound. It was fun, I enjoy being with her. It is hard to believe it has already been five years. They have been the best five of my life. I appreciate the fact that my wife is intellegent and open minded. She is also deeply spiritual, I admire the practice of her faith. I could not imagine being married to anyone else. I can talk to her. I cringe when I think of my life with anyone else. Through the changes that have come in our marriage she is always been a steadying force. I naturally want to be retaliatory, but Jennifer reminds me that the truth always prevails so who cares. When I see the selfishness of our times and the shallowness of the religious landscape I thank God that I am married to a selfless and spiritual woman.
On a different note things continue to go well. I am going to begin the apologetics class in October, I will try to get links to the website so anyone that wants to can watch and follow along. Apologetics, basically, is a study of the Catholic faith. I am really excited about it. Business seems to be going well. Jennifer is plugging away at school, seems like she will be there forever.

8 comments:

tim rush said...

Hey man,

Congrats on 5 years.

Isn't married life great!

God bless you guys.

Eben said...

it is great
Eben

Anonymous said...

Congrats man!! Good to hear from ya. We will be celebrating 10 yrs in December! It's awesome!!

T.

Anonymous said...

High Five on the Five Year Annivesary!

Amanda and I have been married for 8 years now ~ it doesn't feel anywhere near 8!

Married life is still "Great in Eight".

heather said...

hey, congratulations! glad things are good!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you Eben on 5 years. God bless you.

Mike & Amber Bryan '99

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary to my beautiful niece. Eben, just remember that we will be here in any choice you and Jennifer make in your years to come. We loved you when you were Church of Christ and we still love you as a Catholic. You are still the Eben we met some 5 years ago. You've alway treated the Schwertners with love and respect. Jennifer is so lucky to have you in her life. Thank you for watching over our God daughter well Bryan's god-daughter anyway.
Love you guys so much!!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations on your 5th anniversary to my beautiful niece. I'm so proud of how you two have loved each other and have come through with all the changes in your life. It take a strong and committed marriage to keep you going. Congrats on becoming a Catholic as well. Catholic or not you have alway loved and respected the Schwertner family and for that we are very thankful to you. Love two lots.