Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What!?!?!?!

It has been a little over a month since we left Tulia. I have to say that I feel like myself again. Who I had become was not who I am. Jennifer is doing her school work. I married up when I married her, for sure. I feel more relaxed and we love our life. I was never made to do what I was doing. I got bitter and it showed, and for that I am sorry. I was looking on the blog world tonight and I saw some people who I really appreciate.
Some of you may have heard but there are some covictions of ours that have changed over the past three years. I could not remain a minister in the church of Christ with what I now believe. It was not a flippant decision but rather one that took much prayer study and time. I believe it would have been worse to be divisive than to just leave. I love to preach, I love to teach but my life was not reflecting what I was saying. It would be shocking for many to know where we are going to church now. A good friend of mine who is a pastor for a church of Christ came by the other night with his girlfriend to eat supper. He preaches in a small town like I did and when I told him where we are going and what we believe he said "that is radical." Not like dude where's my car radical but the other kind. I could and will write more about it, after it's effects will not be divisive. But I want those of you who read this to know...I love you and appreciate you and if my actions were poor toward you I am sorry.
Peace and God bless.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is good, Jesus loves radical changes in us.

Debbie said...

Sorry that Blog link does not link to me, I'm still Blog illiterate. Maybe this will work.

Sarah said...

I love you, Eben, regardless of any changes you feel are necessary to make! I do not know details, but I have been fortunate enough to know your heart. You are a wonderful friend. If there are hard feelings toward you from others, it is theirs to own. Jesus taught love and tolerance. We are all called to do the same.

flee said...

Eben,

I'm with Sarah. Todd and I love you and Jennifer. Even tho we've been out of touch and such, we are still with you brother. Please let us know when you are coming this way! We'd love to meet up! Or next time you're in Fayetteville...make the extra two hours here and come stay with us. Todd would love to go fishing with you in Heber!

heather said...

So did you move completely out of Tulia? And if so, where are you now?

The Gearharts said...

It sounds like God has you on an amazing Journey. We are our own little journey, and we are in Lubbock. Would you like to share notes? We would love to have you over for dinner. Can I get your number from Sarah or someone?

Amy & Jeff G

Eben said...

Debbie,
Thanks alot. I think you are right Jesus was radical and yet when we make those decision that are radical we feel wierd. Thanks.
Eben

Eben said...

Sarah and Flee,
Thanks so much. I don't know...but everything I was taught about Catholicism was wrong. It is the true faith. I mean there is only one church that has existed since Pentecost and it is not a church that was founded in 1810. I know that sound radical but there it it.
Eben,
PS I love and appreciate your support now more than ever after many Christians have turned their backs on us, sad but, unfortunately not supprising.
Oh my number is 777-1879

Eben said...

Heather,
Yes we are out of Tulia, we live in Lubbock. Jennifer is working on her PhD and I am doing lawn work.
Eben

Eben said...

Jeff and Amy,
How cool is that!!! You guys are great Christians I am so glad you posted on my blog. My number was posted on another reponse. Call any time, come over, it would be great!
Eben