Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What I appreciate, what I don't!

I appreciate that I am part of a church that has existed since Christ and honors His presence. I appreciate all those who have given such great examples of Christian charity. I appreciate my wife who is the best person I have ever known. I appreciate all those who helped me come into a body of people who stand for the real truth of God's word and not proof-texted renditions of the Word. I appreciate that I have fallen very short of the glory of God. I appreciate those who know the same. I appreciate that I am a part of a church that will never succumb to the pressures of society to accept the modern sins of the world. I appreciate the work that was done to make it possible for someone like me to work and make a living. I appreciate that so many, on both sides, have helped re-affirm that I made the right decision.
I don't appreciate laziness. I don't appreciate liars. I don't appreciate my own sinfulness and addcitions. I don't appreciate a watered down gospel and history of Christianity.
This was a quick post but I wanted to write something.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I appreciate my husband getting up and making me breakfast this morning.

Eben said...

Whose your husband?

Jennifer said...

A guy I met on the internet.