Friday, March 12, 2010

Kwan and Jwan

Saint Philomena (sp?) was venerated on the basis of her intercession alone. I know that most of the people who read this are protestant and don't appreciate, nor accept, the intercession of the faithful who have already died. I have a favor to ask just listen.
The last several weeks Jennifer and I have been asking for the intercession of a great prayer, person not act. Her name was Mary. Several times we have asked Mary to pray for a friend of ours. We will call her Kwanva. The first two initials may have something to do with the name. I use the funny name because you never know who might read this. Anyway...Kwanva had confided in Jennifer and I several weeks ago that she had a hard time conceiving. That is getting pregnant, when you want to. She is married to a good man who I know would be a good father.
This may seem out of line but please follow me here. A couple of nights ago Jennifer and I learned about St. Philomena. She is the only saint to have been inducted on the basis of her intercession alone. In other words lots of people prayed to her and the prayers were answered. Thus the induction into sainthood. I thought I would ask her to pray for Kwanva. We, Jennifer and I, still regularly ask Mary to pray to our Lord for Kwanva's most intimate desire; to have a child.
We had supper with Kwanva and Jwanva, her husband...duh, tonight. We found out she is pregnant.
I write this for two reasons. One, because blogging about my prayer life helps me remember that it actually is a worthy cause. Second, to let everyone know that Kwan and Jwan will prayerfully be parents.
Praise God. Thank God. Thank you Mary and Philomena for your prayers.

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I will also lift her up in pray to our Lord. God bless, Lloyd